WoW Classic: The Darkmoon Faire is now open!
Update from February 10:
As of today, February 10, the Darkmoon Faire in Mulgore is now open. You can now exchange cards for the Darkmoon Sets, get useful buffs, complete the minigames, earn winning tickets with quests and of course exchange these tickets for rewards.
More on this topic: Darkmoon Faire - Card Sets, Quests, Minigames and more
Original news from February 05:
Although the start of Phase 3 for WoW (buy now 14,99 € ) Classic is not due until February 12, you can already start looking for the Darkmoon cards for the Beast, Elemental, Portal and Warlord card sets from today, February 05, 2020. Because in the official announcement of Blizzard it said at the time of the launch of the Darkmoon Annual Market:
"The first Darkmoon Faire in WoW Classic will begin in early February. You'll be able to watch the market barkers and set up from Friday, February 7, and the festivities themselves will begin on Monday, February 10. Look out for the many Darkmoon cards for the Beast, Elemental, Portal, and Warlord card sets to drop from enemies and bosses starting Wednesday, February 5."
Unfortunately, we don't know from what time exactly the farming of the cards will be possible. At the moment, at least, that doesn't seem to be the case yet: There are no cards in the auction house so far, and we haven't met any other player who has stumbled across a card yet.If
we remember the launch of the honor system or the opening of Bleak Quarry, the developers seem to prefer releasing such content in the evening around 7:00 p.m. anyway.
If you're wondering now what the cards are actually good for and where you can farm them, you can find the corresponding excerpt from our guide to the Darkmoon Faire of WoW Classic below:
The Darkmoon Cards
As early as February 05, 2020, you will be able to loot cards from the Darkmoon card sets from certain enemies and bosses; there are four card sets in total. Each set consists of the cards 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and Ace. Those who have a complete set can then trade it in to Professor Thaddeus Paleo at the Darkmoon Faire for the Darkmoon Jewel that goes with it.
The Beast Deck
- Jewel: Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon
- Equip: When a spell is successfully cast, there is a 2% chance that 100% of your mana regeneration will continue while the spell is cast. Duration: 15 sec
- Ace drops from the beast in Upper Blackrock Peak
The Elemental Deck
- Trinket: Darkmoon Card: Maelstrom
- Equip: chance to hit your melee target with a lightning bolt for 200 to 300 point(s) of nature damage.
- Ace drops from the following elemental leaders: Lavinius (Azshara), Hydrobrut (Bleak Quarry), Lord Incendius (Blackrock Depths), and Wind Haunter in Silithus.
The Portal Deck
- Gem: Darkmoon Card: Whirling Nether
- Equip: Gives the wearer a 10% chance to respawn with 20% health and mana
- Ace drops from Darkmaster Gandling in Scholomance
The Warlock Set
- Trinket: Darkmoon Card: Heroism
- Equip: There is a chance that the wearer will be healed for 120 to 180 damage when dealing melee damage to an enemy.
- Ace drops at King Gordok in Bleak Quarry
By the way, cards 2 to 8 of all sets are random drops in the open world or in dungeons and can drop on all humanoid as well as undead enemies of levels 45/48 (here the sources contradict each other) or higher. Also important: The cards can be traded or sold/buyed in the auction house.
Guides to the other contents of Classic Phase 3
- WoW Classic: The new rewards of the reputation factions in phase 3
- WoW Classic: Phase 3 - Class quests for level 50 and their rewards
- WoW Classic: How to prepare for BWL!
- WoW Classic: How hard will the raid Pitchwing Hoard (BWL) be?
- WoW Classic: The best loot from the Pitchwing Hoard aka BWL
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games from us. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to continue offering buffed free of charge in the future in the form we're used to.
That's why we're turning to you now. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content free of charge in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute.Support now
We thank you in advance. Also read these interesting stories 0
WoW: No content drought after all? Hints of patch 9.1.5 discoveredIs WoW facing a content drought in the coming months? The discovery of some dataminers gives hope for patch 9.1.5. 1
Blizzard loses game director and lead designer for Diablo 4The Diablo 4 team loses its game director and lead designer in one fell swoop. 0
WoW: Hotfixes from August 12 for Korthia factions, Raw Kalo and IngraKorthia factions, Raw Kalo, Mists of Tirna Scithe - there are new hotfixes for World of Warcraft.
WoW: Retro Trailer - WoW Classic Cinematic World of Warcraft from €14.99 From Karsten Scholz
Karsten has been writing about his favorite hobby since 2009 - it all started back then as a rogue class spokesman at buffed. Is something missing in the article? to the home page The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, which we use to partially finance the free content of the website. 2