As is well known, former Blizzard developer Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street is currently playing the pre-patch of WoW: Shadowlands to prepare for the upcoming expansion. Back in mid-October, he had shared his initialthoughts and impressions on the new launch experience, class changes, transmogging and other WoW areas with the community. A few days ago, he followed up with a total of ten posts on Twitter. Below, we've summarized the most notable findings for you:
- He has now gotten his Shadow Priest and Retribution Paladin to level 50. His Furor Warrior is at level 45 in the Mists of Pandaria area.
- His next project will probably be a Fire Mage, which he is leveling through the Cataclysm areas. With an elemental shaman, he's been making the Legion areas unsafe for a little while now.
- In his opinion, there are many story threads in Legion that are begging for a sequel.
- The fact that the Legion artifacts no longer work noticeably curbs his enthusiasm about unlocking them. The logic behind it is clear to him, though.
- He wishes they had come up with the idea back then to disable set bonuses after a certain point. The developers had trouble far too often with players finding ways to use old sets or trinkets in new synergies.
- He likes the rotations from Warrior and Paladin. In quests and dungeons, he never has to wait long for any cooldowns to expire. At the same time, there is enough leeway to react to what the enemy is doing.
- The Shadow Priest has not yet been fully penetrated by the developer. The DoTs and the void things seem to get in each other's way. However, he doesn't want to read a guide either, but continues to figure things out through trial and error.
- Currently, he often plays with friends, and when questing, especially in the older expansions, the phasing that causes you to "lose" your friends keeps bugging him.
- He is still very much looking forward to the Shadowlands release.
Have any of you perhaps also started playing WoW again in the last few weeks after a long break? What are your impressions? Tell us in the comments!Support buffed - it will only take a minute. Thank you!
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts about World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we are unfortunately dependent on if we want to continue to offer buffed free of charge in the future in the usual form.
That's why we're turning to you now. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content free of charge in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute.Support now
We thank you in advance. Advertisement: Order World of Warcraft now on AmazonRead also these interesting stories 0
WoW TBC Classic: SSC and/or TK? Warcraftlogs poll about phase 2 raidsOn Warcraftlogs, you can currently have your say on exactly how the World First race will be rated in TBC Classic Phase 2. 3
WoW: No content drought after all? Hints for patch 9.1.5 discoveredIs WoW facing a content drought in the coming months? The finding of some dataminers gives hope for patch 9.1.5. 2
Blizzard loses game director and lead designer for Diablo 4The Diablo 4 team loses its game director and lead designer in one fell swoop. 03:10WoW
Shadowlands: Video Showcase for AMD Radeon RX 6000 World of Warcraft from€14.99 From Karsten Scholz
Karsten has been writing about his favorite hobby since 2009 - it all started back then as a rogue class spokesman at buffed. Is something missing in the article? to the home page The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, which we use to partially finance the free content of the website. 4