What would you do if Blizzard gave your WoW account a permanent ban out of nowhere, citing a change in the user agreement that had not been communicated to the outside world? This is exactly the kind of case WoW player Ghormor is currently dealing with. He recently documented the case in a very extensive Reddit post. We have summarized the most important facts for you below.
- Ghormor is the head of the "Azeroth Sales Community", which has been offering boost services on numerous WoW servers for gold for two years.
- Recently, one of Ghormor's accounts was permanently banned, on which over 100 million gold of the "Azeroth Sales Community" was stored.
- Already in the past, it happened more often that said account was reported because many players equate advertising spamming low-level characters with real-money sales. So far, the penalties have always been lifted after a ticket and a subsequent investigation.
- However, in the current case, a Blizzard GM explained that they recently changed the user agreements: WoW accounts that are used solely for boost advertising in the trade chat are now banned. Since that's the case here, there's a permanent ban for the account.
The person concerned is now complaining about several points:
- Blizzard is handing out a ban penalty in this case, referring to a change in the user agreement that was not made public in advance.
- The new rule would not even apply to the affected account, since the account is also used for other things.
- Other accounts, where the new rule could apply, were warned first instead of being banned immediately.
- A second ticket requesting a re-investigation was reportedly rejected within 30 minutes - far too short a time, according to the player, to take a close look at the account's history.
In the comments section, however, there has been little criticism of Blizzard's approach so far. Instead, many players are pleased that there is a new measure against advertising spam for boosting services. What do you think?Support buffed - it only takes a minute. Thank you!
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos, and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go, and other favorite games from us. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we are unfortunately dependent on if we want to continue to offer buffed free of charge in the future in the usual form.
That's why we're turning to you now. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content free of charge in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute.Support now
We thank you in advance. Advertisement: Order World of Warcraft now on AmazonAlso read these interesting stories 0
WoW: Deep wind shot - PvP brawl from 18 AugustWoW PvP Brawl: Starting August 18, a special variant of the Deepwind Gulch battleground will be available. Here's the news! 0
WoW TBC Classic: SSC and/or TK? Warcraftlogs poll on Phase 2 raidsOn Warcraftlogs, you can currently have your say on exactly how the World First race in TBC Classic Phase 2 will be rated. 3
WoW: No content drought after all? Hints for patch 9.1.5 discoveredIs WoW facing a content drought in the coming months? The finding of some dataminers gives hope for patch 9.1.5. 02:27WoW
: Shadowlands season 1 survival guide (trailer). World of Warcraft from€14.99 From Karsten Scholz
Karsten has been writing about his favorite hobby since 2009 - it all started back then as a rogue class spokesman at buffed. Is something missing in the article? to the home page The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, which we use to partially finance the free content of the website. 60