"From his grim citadel deep in the heart of the frozen continent of Northrend, the dreaded Lich King Arthas Menethil sets about his conquest of Azeroth. " Finally, the Lich King is out of the bag! Blizzard has officially announced the Classic version of WoW: Wrath of the Lich King today, April 19, 2022. Look forward to Northrend, Death Knights, Inscription Lore, the introduction of achievements, and some of the best raid instances in WoW history!01:35
WoW: Wrath of the Lich King Classic - Trailer for Northrend Classic! 03:21
WoW: Wrath of the Lich King Cinematic Trailer
The features of WotLK Classic
WoW: All info about WotLK Classic1. The features of WotLK Classic2. Death knight rules and level boost3. Official screenshots of WotLK Classic4. What does the Blizzard president say?
As with WoW Classic and TBC Classic, you only need an active WoW subscription to play the new edition of the Northrend adventure at no additional cost. On the public test server of TBC Classic, preparations have already been made to start the final phase around the Sunwell Plateausoon. The goal is to make Northrend unsafe before the end of 2022.
Blizzard summarizes the most important features of WotLK Classic as follows:
- The unforgiving frozen north: Players will begin their journey in one of two zones of Northrend (Borean Tundra or Howling Fjord) and will experience some of the most epic vistas and beloved storylines in Warcraft history before reaching the Lich King's seat of power in Icecrown.
WoW: WotLK Classic - Official screenshots from Blizzard announcing Wrath of the Lich King Classic (11) Source: Blizzard
- The Rise of the Death Knights: WoW's first hero class, the Death Knights, are available to both factions and start at level 55, using the powers of darkness to help fight the evil that threatens Azeroth.
- New Profession - Inscription Lore: This new profession allows players to create mystical glyphs that alter the appearance and properties of spells and abilities. Likewise, they can create powerful trinkets and shield items.
- Achievements Unlocked: Achievements reach WoW Classic, giving players access to a brand-new set of rewards for their exploits and achievements.
- Dungeons and Raids: Players relive groundbreaking 5-player dungeons like Azjol-Nerub and Culling Stratholme, and lay siege to Naxxramas in a 10-player raid, a new version of the original 40-player raid when there was no expansion for World of Warcraft (buy now ).
WoW: WotLK Classic - Official screenshots from Blizzard announcing Wrath of the Lich King Classic (22). Source: Blizzard
Death Knight Rules and Level Boost
Unlike the original Wrath of the Lich King, all players are allowed to create their first Death Knight with no prerequisites or restrictions. Only with the second death knight the rule applies: You need another character with at least level 55 on the corresponding server.
According to Blizzard there will be an optional character upgrade to level 70, which is mainly intended for those players who have not played Classic yet, but still want to get started as soon as possible in Northrend
Details on cost and availability will be available at a later date.
Official screenshots of WotLK ClassicView all 25 images in the gallery
WoW: Zoom out further than normal? New console command makes it possible!A newly discovered console command allows you to zoom out further with the camera in WoW - by increasing the Field of View! 0
WoW: Final raid of the season of the championship lands soon on the PTRSoon we will learn what changes Blizzard is planning for the final raid of WoW: Season of Mastery.
What does the Blizzard president say?
Last but not least, we'll let the Blizzard president have his say: "
We're very excited to revisit one of the most beloved eras in Warcraft history with Wrath of the Lich King Classic," said Mike Ybarra, president of Blizzard Entertainment."The initial release of this expansion brought many improvements to the game, not to mention the timeless antagonist and epic story. We are careful to make the experience authentic to the original for those who want to relive the glory days of Northrend, and to deliver a worthy and accessible new version to those who are embarking on this massive adventure for the first time." to the home page to the gallery Jump to comments (10)