Following community complaints about the imbalance of the weekly chest rewards in terms of Mythic+ and PvP items, Blizzard is now changing the requirements for these rewards. We have adjusted the lists below accordingly.
Original message: For most active players in WoW Battle for Azeroth, after the ID reset on Wednesday, it's the first way into Boralus and Dazar'alor: head to the weekly loot chest, cross your fingers and hope something good comes out of it. Unfortunately, the item that is pulled out all too often goes straight to the next merchant, the scrap-o-matic or is simply disenchanted. Because with the gigantic selection and the vast amount of sources for good equipment, it's not surprising if the received item doesn't find a place in the armor set. With the upcoming expansion Shadowlands, however, this should be the case much less often. Because then you will get the choice of up to nine!!! items. The amount and the item level is based on your activities of the previous week.
WoW Shadowlands: How the new weekly loot box and item level works (1) Source: wowhead In each of three different categories you can unlock up to three items to choose from. The more time you invest in this area, the more items you can choose from. Sounds quite simple. But it gets complicated when it comes to the item level. This is based on a number of different factors. Here's what you have to do to unlock the nine different items.
- 1st item: Defeat three raid bosses
- 2nd item: Defeat five raid bosses
- 3rd item: Defeat ten raid bosses
- Mythic-Plus Dungeons
- 1st item: Complete one Mythic Plus dungeon
- 2nd item: Complete four Mythic Plus dungeons
- 3rd item: Complete ten Mythic Plus dungeons
- 1st item: Earn 125 conquest points
- 2nd item: Earn 350 conquest points
- 3rd item: Earn 875 conquest points
The item level of the rewards
The respective item level is always based on the lowest victory/completion that was used for the required amount - this applies to raid bosses and Mythic-Plus dungeons alike. In the background, all kills or dungeons are sorted by difficulty and then simply counted. Here's how it works. WoW Shadowlands: How the new weekly loot box and item level works (2) Source: wowhead
- 1st item: The item level is based on the highest difficulty in which you defeated at least three bosses.
- 2nd item: The item level is based on the highest difficulty in which you have defeated at least seven bosses.
- 3rd item: The item level is based on the highest difficulty level in which you have defeated at least ten bosses.
- Higher difficulty levels also count for the lower variants.
- So, if you defeat nine mythic bosses and one heroic boss, you will have two mythic-level items and one heroic-level item to choose from.
- Mythic-Plus Dungeons
- 1st item: The item level is based on the highest completed dungeon.
- 2nd item: The item level is based on the fifth highest completed dungeon.
- 3rd item: The item level is based on the 15th highest completed dungeon.
- So if you complete one +15 and ten +11s, the first item is based on +15, the second is based on +11, and the third is not unlocked.
- If you complete 15 +10s, then all rewards are at that level, no matter how many other lower keys you have completed in the ID.
- 1st item: The item level is based on your highest score of the current week.
- 2nd item: The item level is based on your highest score of the current week.
- 3rd item: The item level is based on your highest score of the current week.
This means that no average value or the like is taken, which would have caused problems especially in the Mythic-Plus dungeons. Once you've done your high keystone, there's no downside to doing a few more low level ones with friends.The
same goes for bosses in the raid.Read also these interesting stories 0
WoW TBC Classic: SSC and/or TK? Warcraftlogs Poll on Phase 2 RaidsOn Warcraftlogs, you can currently have your say on exactly how the World First race in TBC Classic Phase 2 should be rated. 3
WoW: No content drought after all? Hints of patch 9.1.5 discoveredIs WoW facing a content drought in the coming months? The discovery of some dataminers gives hope for patch 9.1.5. 1
Blizzard loses game director and lead designer for Diablo 4The Diablo 4 team loses its game director and lead designer in one fell swoop. 05:55
WoW Shadowlands: First look at Torghast - Video World of Warcraft from €14.99
Source: wowheadSupportbuffed - it only takes a minute. Thank you!
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games from us. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to continue offering buffed free of charge in the future in the form we're used to.
That's why we're turning to you now. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content free of charge in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute.Support now
We thank you in advance. Advertising: Order World of Warcraft now at Amazon From Philipp Sattler
Is something missing in the article? From Sara Petzold
Is something missing from the article? to the home page to the gallery The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, which we use to partially finance the free content of the website. 11