Since Blizzard itself is always very reticent when it comes to transparent statistics about WoW and the WoW community, we have to rely on external tools and websites to find out how well features are received by players or how popular certain areas are in the World of Warcraft.
One of these websites is Raider.io, which keeps us up to date on the progress in the Raid and Mythic Plus areas, provides the community with a sophisticated character and guild profile system as well as an addon, and reads out lots of statistics from World of Warcraft (buy now 14,99 € )via the Blizzard API. Recently, one of the site's co-founders, Jah (Aspyr), teamed up with the team from the Youtube channel Preach Gaming to provide the WoW community with some exciting number crunching around the Mythic Plus dungeons and pacts from the first four weeks of Shadowlands.
You can find Preach's video below, but before that we've summarized the most important findings from the nearly 14 minutes:
- In the first week of Shadowlands, characters made an average of 10.62 mythic-plus runs (in BfA, the value in week 1 was 6.81 runs).
- In the second week of Shadowlands, characters made an average of 6.76 mythic-plus runs (in BfA, the value in week 2 was 4.94 runs)
- In the third week of Shadowlands, characters made an average of 6.9 mythic-plus runs (in BfA, the value was 3.91 runs in week 3).
- In the fourth week of Shadowlands, characters made an average of 5.60 mythic-plus runs (in BfA, the value in week 4 was 4.12 runs)
- The number of characters who entered a Mythic Plus instance in week 1: BfA = 1,235,527 / Shadowlands = 1,484,061.
- The number of characters who entered a Mythic Plus instance in Week 2: BfA = 1,213,555 / Shadowlands = 1,650,142
- The number of characters who entered a Mythic Plus instance in Week 3: BfA = 1,149,831 / Shadowlands = 1,629,364
- The number of characters who entered a Mythic Plus instance in Week 4: BfA = 1,073,609 / Shadowlands = 1,637,387
- Total number of Mythic-Plus dungeons in week 1: BfA = 1,684,867 / Shadowlands = 3,154,508
- Total number of Mythic-Plus dungeons in week 2: BfA = 1,200,872 / Shadowlands = 2,233,000
- Total number of Mythic-Plus dungeons in week 3: BfA = 899,329 / Shadowlands = 2,251,732
- Total number of Mythic-Plus dungeons in week 4: BfA = 886,595 / Shadowlands = 1,861,456
- Distribution of pacts among Mythic-Plus rogues in weeks 1 through 4: 1) Nachtfae (50.3 (week 1) to 51.3 percent (week 4)); 2) Kyrian (33.6 to 33.9 percent); 3) Venthyr (10.1 to 9.0 percent); 4) Necrolord (6.0 to 5.8 percent)
- Change to best tanking pact after week 1: Distribution of pacts among Mythic-Plus protection warriors in weeks 1 to 4: 1) Kyrian (50.1 to 55.3 percent); 2) Venthyr (32.4 to 26.3 percent); 3) Nachtfae (12.2 to 13.1 percent); 4) Necrolord (5.3 to 5.3 percent)
- Distribution of pacts among mythic-plus furor warriors in weeks 1 through 4: 1) Venthyr (72.0 to 71.6 percent); 2) Kyrian (15.3 to 14.6 percent); 3) Nachtfae (9.6 to 10.4 percent); 4) Necrolord (3.1 to 3.4 percent)
- Distribution of pacts among shadow priests in the mythic-plus range in weeks 1 through 4: 1) Venthyr (42.2 to 41.8 percent); 2) Necrolord (38.4 to 41.2 percent); 3) Kyrian (15.1 to 12.2 percent); 4) Nachtfae (4.2 to 4.8 percent)
- Distribution of pacts among balance druids in the mythic-plus range in weeks 1 to 4: 1) Nachtfae (70.9 to 86.7 percent); 2) Kyrian (24.1 to 10.7 percent); 3) Venthyr (3.0 to 1.6 percent); 4) Necrolord (2.0 to 1.0 percent)
- Change from a moderately good specialization to a better one: Number of Frost Mages in week 1 in Mythic-Plus: 65,986. Number of Frost Mages in week 4 in Mythic-Plus: 30,476.
- Change to a currently very strong class: Number of Windrunner Monks in week 1 in Mythic-Plus: 38,009. Number of Windrunner Monks in week 4 in Mythic-Plus: 52,722.
Preach Gaming summarizes the findings from the video at the end as follows:
- Shadowlands is more Twink-friendly than BfA, there were a lot of max-level characters very quickly who did a tremendous amount of Mythic-Plus dungeons.
- The Mythic Plus rewards at the end of a run as well as the Treasury turn out to be quite mediocre, so players quickly spent significantly less time doing Mythic Plus dungeons after launch week.
- Many players choose their pacts based on pact skill strength alone.
- Many players specifically change their pacts, specialization, or even class when other options have proven to be clearly stronger.
- The Shadowlands community is large and active, WoW is doing great.
Do you find yourself and your guild in the numbers? Any statistics surprise you? Tell us in the comments!Support buffed - it only takes a minute. Thank you!
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos, and podcasts about World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go, and other favorite games. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to continue offering buffed free of charge in the future in the form we're used to.
That's why we're turning to you now. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content free of charge in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute.Support now
We thank you in advance. Also read these interesting stories 0
WoW: Deep wind shot - PvP brawl from 18 AugustWoW PvP Brawl: Starting on August 18, a special variant of the Deepwind Gulch battleground will be available. Here's the news! 0
WoW TBC Classic: SSC and/or TK? Warcraftlogs poll about phase 2 raidsOn Warcraftlogs, you can currently have your say on exactly how the World First race in TBC Classic Phase 2 will be rated. 3
WoW: No content drought after all? Hints for patch 9.1.5 discoveredIs WoW facing a content drought in the coming months? The finding of some dataminers gives hope for patch 9.1.5. 02:18WoW
: Mythic Dungeon International - Shadowlands 2021 trailer. World of Warcraft from€14.99 From Karsten Scholz
Karsten has been writing about his favorite hobby since 2009 - it all started back then as a rogue class spokesman at buffed. Is something missing in the article? to the home page The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, which we use to partially finance the free content of the website. 4