"After the quite positively received by the community patch 9.1.5, the developers at Blizzard obviously did not want to wait long and ride on this wave directly. And so they pushed the announcement and a lot of information about WoW Patch 9.2 a short time later. In this context, we also had the opportunity to speak directly with the developers and ask them about one or the other detail.
Of course, they kept a very low profile on some topics and didn't reveal anything about the progress of the story or what will happen in the upcoming expansion, for example. For other topics they couldn't go into details yet, because they are not sure if and how some things will be implemented. On other topics, however, Jeremy Feasel in particular spoke enthusiastically about upcoming content.Source: Blizzard Source: Blizzard 11:26WoW
Patch 9.2: End of Eternity Developer Video
Both were clearly relieved to finally be able to talk about it. They also know that the players are eagerly waiting for new content. That's why they want to get it on the PTR quickly so that the team can gather feedback. Because it seems, at least to the outside world, that the new approach of "listening to players" is being implemented more strongly. Both Feasel and Hight stressed at every opportunity that they wanted feedback on the various systems, and also kept asking us how we would like something or what we would like. By the way, if you encounter bosses with twelve million skills on the PTR soon, we'll be the ones to blame.The
most important information from the interviewSincethere's
a lot of PR blah blah in an interview like this, we decided not to just blurt out what was said here, but to summarize the most important information for you.
If that's not enough, you can read the full interview on the second page of the article.
- Especially the designers had a lot of fun creating the new zone Zereth Mortis. Since we're going into completely unknown territory here, they had a lot of freedom, which they took advantage of.
- The Dungeon Master will be the final boss in the new Mausoleum of the First raid. Anduin will also be one of the bosses. In total, 11 bosses are waiting for us. This is the end of a long story in the universe of WoW (buy now 14,99 € ) and we want to leave the Shadowlands in a better state than we found them. After that, a new chapter in the story begins. WoW Patch 9.2: Developers about release, T-Sets, grind & faction limits - Interview (4) Source: Blizzard
- Zereth Mortis is significantly larger than Korthia and will include several biomes.
- Our main task will be to progress through the ciphers of the First, which will unlock more and more content in the form of dailies, world quests, side quests, mini-games and elite areas.
- Thanks to our progress in the ciphers, we will gradually be able to understand the language of the First.
- For example, as we progress, it will be possible for us to use a second Legendary. In addition, we will later be able to get T-Set bonuses outside of the raid by upgrading other items with the set bonus - provided we make enough progress in Zereth Mortis.
- According to the developers, the tier sets are just too cool to be reserved for active raiders only. They are the quickest way to get the set items, but everyone else will be able to earn them as well.
- Zereth Mortis will also include some kind of grind again: Cosmic Dust. However, this is available from different sources. We don't want to push players into a type of content they don't feel like playing. Therefore, there will be many different sources. Also, cool content is only cool if you don't have to do it endlessly over and over again.
- Sylvanas plays a big role in the upcoming patch. However, the developers did not reveal which one it will be yet.
- Patch 9.2 and the associated end of the story chapter is supposed to tie many of the loose lore threads into a tight and understandable knot. With this, the developers want to create a satisfying end to a long journey.
- Tazavesh will be split into two parts and made available as M+ and in heroic mode. However, there are no more dungeons with Patch 9.2.
- Just like in Korthia, the developers plan to allow new players to skip many of the old campaigns to immediately play with their friends in Zereth Mortis. All of these campaigns will still be playable, though, in case the newcomers still want to experience them later, or even right away.
- Regarding the difficulty of a raid, the developers have many different matrices to look at. However, the most important thing is not how many times the bosses fall in what period of time, but that all players experience a steady progress.
- In Patch 9.2, players will see a huge increase in their Player Power. Through a second Legendary and the strong set bonuses, as well as the increasing item level, of course.
WoW Patch 9.2: Developers on Release, T-Sets, Grind & Faction Limits - Interview (5) Source: Blizzard
- The developers talk a lot about how to develop raid bosses so that players don't know every little thing in advance. However, with the necessary PTR testing and YouTube videos, that's hardly possible.
- Jeremy Feasel and John Hight both confirmed Ion Hazzikosta's statement that nothing in WoW is untouchable anymore. Everything has to be discussed and questioned. Even things like the faction line between Horde and Alliance, which used to be protected with almost religious zeal, are being discussed today. But that doesn't mean that it should be abolished.
- The group size of 20 players for Mythic Raids will remain for the time being. It is enormously difficult to balance cutting edge bosses for different group sizes. But this topic is also being discussed internally and feedback is welcome.
- WoW as a video game has the huge advantage that it can be permanently adapted, unlike a book or movie. And just as players change over time, WoW will change with them. Things that were fine in the past may not be so later, given the changes in society.
- Regarding the release date of patch 9.2, the developers did not want to comment directly and thus put themselves under pressure. They want to have all important content playable without roadblocks before the PTR launch and will inform players about the release a week or two beforehand. Especially if it is around possible holidays, so that everyone can plan well.
Do you like buffed? Then you can support us as a buffed supporter so that we can continue to offer our content for free in the usual form without introducing a paywall.
Every amount, big or small, is valuable.
We thank you.Page 1 WoW Patch 9.2: Developers on Release, T-Sets, Grind & Faction Limits - InterviewPage2 WoW Patch 9.2: Developer Interview on Release, T-Sets, Grind & Faction Limits Page 3Picture gallery ofWoW Patch 9.2: Developers on Release, T-Sets, Grind - Interviewnextpagesnextpagegotogallerygotohomepage Back Next 1 2 3 WoW Patch 9.2: Developers on Release, T-Sets, Grind & Faction Limits - InterviewWoW Patch 9.2: Developers' Interview on Release, T-Sets, Grind & Faction Limits Image Gallery for "WoW Patch 9.2: Developers on Release, T-Sets, Grind - Interview" The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, which we use to partially finance the free content of the website. 12