WoW Patch 9.2: End of Eternity - our big overview of the new update
Table of Contents1. WoW Patch 9.2: Story2. WoW Patch 9.2: The new area Zereth Mortis3. WoW Patch 9.2: The inhabitants of Zereth Mortis4. WoW Patch 9.2: Ciphers of the First and Pocepoc5. WoW Patch 9.2: Raid and Tier Sets - Mausoleum of the First6. WoW Patch 9.2: Tazavesh, Legendarys and moreAfter the
announcement of Patch 9.2 for WoW Shadowlands, it was relatively fast and already the PTR servers were online and End of Eternity could be tested for the first time. That was a few weeks ago now and the PTR has steadily evolved so that almost all relevant content has been implemented by now. Blizzard is also setting a fast pace for the raid tests and is almost finished. So it shouldn't be too long until the MMO developers officially announce the release of Patch 9.2 and we head to Zereth Mortis and the Mausoleum of the First.
In our big overview, we have compiled the most important key points of the upcoming update for you and linked the most important news and articles about the end of eternity. So that you are well prepared for the new adventures in the Workshop of the First.
- WoW Patch 9.2: Developers on release, T-sets, grind & faction limits - Interview
- WoW: Developers confirm - 9.2 is the last major patch of Shadowlands
- buffedCast: #581 with WoW Patch 9.2 - End of Eternity
- buffedCast: #582 with WoW Patch 9.2, New World and streaming services
WoW Patch 9.2: Developer video about the end of eternity
WoW Patch 9.2: Story
In the Tomb of the First, the mortals and the Shadowlands pacts fight the last decisive battle against the Dungeon Master. Source: buffed Zereth Mortis is the cradle of creation. Here the First experimented with all kinds of life forms and created the prototypes for the first independent creatures. In the new area we find a lot of constructions and machines of the creators, but there is no trace of the First Ones themselves. The dungeon master, Anduin and the Mawbound use the favor of the hour and try to conquer Zereth Mortis with all their might. While Anduin keeps our hero busy, the jailer disappears in an unknown direction. He's probably after the Tomb of the First. We must first figure out how to get into the Tomb of the Creators. However, we can only solve this task once we have freed Anduin from the dungeon master's clutches. His knowledge of the Runes of Domination is the key to defeating Zovaal, who is on the verge of unlocking the last secrets of the Creators in Zereth Mortis. Should we fail, the Dungeon Master will destroy the cosmic order and devour the World Soul of Azeroth.
- WoW Patch 9.2: End of Eternity - the first and the story of Zereth Mortis
- WoW Patch 9.2: Dataminers find Sylvanas' new look
- WoW Patch 9.2: Has Arthas finally been found? (Spoiler!)
- WoW Patch 9.2: The Cradle of Creation - the origin of the Eternals and the Dungeon Master
- WoW Patch 9.2: This will be the new Sylvanas - Lore details with spoiler warning!
- WoW Patch 9.2: Zovaal, Sylvanas and Tyrande - new story details for Patch 9.2
WoW Patch 9.2: The new area Zereth Mortis
On the hunt for the dungeon master, our path leads us to the mysterious area of Zereth Mortis. This is, in a sense, the workshop of the first. Here they created everything we know from our world Azeroth as well as from the Shadowlands. But as usual in a workshop, we find a hodgepodge of different things in an early stage. We see how the first ones experimented with different creatures of flora and fauna that would later lay the foundation for very different worlds. In some areas of the territory, we can even see what the worlds looked like before the First began to remodel and populate them according to their ideas.
This gives Zereth Mortis a unique character and makes it unlike any other zone. From early designs of animals as we know them from Azeroth, to floating trees, to gigantic buildings whose meaning remains unknown to us for the time being - Zereth Mortis forms the basis for all worlds known and unknown to us in the universe created by the First Ones.
- WoW Patch 9.2: Flying in Zereth Mortis? Blizzard clarifies!
- WoW Patch 9.2: Flying in Zereth Mortis - Requirements, costs and duration
- WoW Patch 9.2: Twinks may skip intro quest series
- WoW Patch 9.2: Zereth Mortis in the big picture gallery
WoW Patch 9.2: The inhabitants of Zereth Mortis
Of course, we are not alone in Zereth Mortis. In addition to all the early designs of various animals, we also find the Automa. These are creatures that were created directly from the first ones. They keep everything running and make sure that the area continues to do its job even without the First. We will encounter these automa in various roles. From great builders to strong protectors to the tiny Jiro, who even have a little character of their own.
Due to our advance to Zereth Mortis, however, the Devourers have also found their way into the area. Once there, of course, they immediately begin devouring the mysterious energies, causing them to mutate. Although the Automa are trying to beat back this threat, one of our first tasks will probably be to repair the damage we've done and push back the Devourers.
And of course, we'll also encounter some midwayers in Zereth Mortis who migrated here ages ago. They are at least partly helpful and lead us to the Haven - which is our hub in the new zone, so to speak. However, the midwayers here differ from those we know from Oribos. They are less materialistic and strive more for the ancient knowledge.
- WoW Patch 9.2: The new mounts and pets from the announcement video.
- WoW Patch 9.2: Snails, flying spiders & more - Overview of mounts
- WoW Patch 9.2: New soul mounts - 15 of them?!
WoW Patch 9.2: Ciphers of the First and Pocepoc
Of course, our heroes will again have a lot to do in the new area. According to the developers, in addition to world and daily quests, we can also expect a lot of side stories, which should be especially exciting for those interested in lore. However, all our efforts revolve around the so-called Cipher of the First. Over the course of our progress, we gradually get to know and understand the language of the First. This not only opens up new quests and stories for us, but also changes the world a bit. In this way, incomprehensible runes become comprehensible words and stories over time. In the end, we can also communicate with the Automa, which we won't be able to do at the beginning. Thereby the small robot Pocepoc stands to us to the side. He is a kind of companion and tells us a lot about the world and translates for us in places. In the process, we are even allowed to improve him via various systems, which, among other things, opens up new elite areas for us to go to.
- WoW Patch 9.2: Ciphers of the First - Outlook on the feature
- WoW Patch 9.2: No new glory levels - but new cipher system
- WoW Patch 9.2: No update for the Soul Band planned - Blizzard backs off
- WoW Patch 9.2: Actually you can ignore Zereth Mortis
WoW Patch 9.2: Raid and Tier Sets - Mausoleum of the Firsts
Like every major patch, 9.2 brings with it a new raid. This one goes by the name Mausoleum of the First and is the place where the Dungeon Master has retreated to and where he is trying to rewrite the laws of the universe.
After gathering our forces, we set out to stop it. Within the raid, eleven new bosses await us. Among them are Anduin and the dungeon master himself.
The raid itself is visually very reminiscent of Oribos, but will have some highlights in store. Because inside, the laws of physics we know no longer apply in places, which gave the developers some freedom in the design.
With the Raid, the T-Sets also return to the world of WoW (buy now ). These are visually based on the appearance of Automa - with many golden elements. While there will be classic 2-set and 4-set bonuses, there is one important change. The tier sets will not be exclusive to the Raid. In addition to the raid and the Great Treasury, we will get the opportunity to turn other items into set items via outdoor content. How exactly this will work and what kind of grind will be necessary for this, the developers could not reveal in detail yet.
- WoW Patch 9.2: Mausoleum of the First - an overview of all eleven bosses
- WoW Patch 9.2: Mausoleum of the First will be timed in the first week
- WoW Patch 9.2: Tour through the new raid Mausoleum of the Firsts
- WoW Patch 9.2 brings back the pet sets - but not only in the raid!
- WoW Patch 9.2: The final bonuses for all 36 specs
- WoW Patch 9.2: T-Sets without raiding? I like it - under some conditions!
- WoW Patch 9.2: The comeback of the tier sets? A visual disaster!
- WoW Patch 9.2: Tier sets from Raids, PvP, Mythic+ - with protection from bad luck
WoW Patch 9.2: Tazavesh, Legendarys and more
The upcoming update will not bring us a new dungeon, but Mythic-Plus players can look forward to the division of the mega dungeon Tazavesh into two parts. These will then also be playable in Mythic Plus mode. Whether the requirements for the Keystone Master will change thanks to two additional dungeons, the developers themselves did not know yet.
In our interview, the developers also hint that we will get the opportunity to carry two Legendarys
With the Cosmic Dust, the new area will also get a new resource that we can farm. However, the developers make a point of not forcing players into too much repetitive content. Therefore, the cosmic dust will be available from many different sources and will be important for many different things.
Of course, there are also tons of new cosmetic items, pets and mounts to capture in Zereth Mortis. Among them are many of the creatures created by the first as early designs for life - including a flying spider.
- WoW Patch 9.2: Permanent reinforcement rune - for all who can afford it
- WoW Patch 9.2: Torghast - four new levels & cool weapon transmogs!
- WoW Patch 9.2: New boss-only mode for Torghast - gauntlet
- WoW Patch 9.2: Reputation grind and crafting - this is how long you need for double Legendarys
- WoW Patch 9.2: Universal Pact Legendary saves you a lot of gold and nerves
- WoW Patch 9.2: If you want to carry two Legendarys, you have to farm a lot of reputation!
- WoW Patch 9.2: No new dungeon planned - but Tazavesh as M+
- WoW Patch 9.2: Keystone Master will be adjusted - higher M+ rating required
- WoW Patch 9.2: Media upgrade for high-end players, casuals go empty-handed
- WoW Patch 9.2 finally brings the dance studio - or something like that ...
- WoW Patch 9.2: Blizzard tests solo cue for rated PvP with new brawler
- WoW Patch 9.2: Mixed singles - here's how rated solo cue will play out fairly
- WoW Patch 9.2: SMS Protect mandatory for full dungeon browser usage
- WoW Patch 9.2: End for clique and mouseover macros - new interface features
- WoW Patch 9.1.5 was not the end of the Sexy-Purge - John Hight in an interview
Do you like buffed? Then you can support us as a buffed supporter so that we can continue to offer our content for free in the usual form without introducing a paywall.
Every amount, big or small, is valuable.
We thank you.Also read these interesting stories 0