Blizzard support and care for the WoW community has changed a lot in recent years. Those who have been playing World of Warcraft for many years can certainly attest to that. Here are a few positive memories from the early days, as well as some that are only a few years old:
- After the launch, WoW had to struggle with technical problems every now and then, thanks to which the servers were not available, players were constantly kicked out of the game or the Azeroth adventure was severely limited in other ways. Clearly, many players were not thrilled about this. However, Blizzard made amends on a regular basis, and they did so by offering free game time.
- If you only know the WoW forum from the last few years, you might find it hard to believe: There were times when several community managers were responsible for the German-speaking region, when developers like once Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street always sought out the conversation with the players on their own initiative, and when the "blues" would also join in on entertaining posts every now and then just like that.
- Blizzard support enjoyed a very good reputation for many years because the support staff always added a personal touch to their work. Be it because they could always pull a WoW joke out of their sleeves in in-game chat, because they were still available for a short chat or because they handed out small gifts without being asked and showed heart(example 1, example 2, example 3).
- The post creator is currently waiting for a Blizzard employee to comment on their ticket. The average wait time is reported to be 140 days.
- Another player reports that his guild in WoW Classic had to wait an unfathomable 21 days to get the loot from an Onyxia run, and that was only because the lootmaster had a PC crash.
- Another anecdote: In TBC/WotLK you got the materials for profession items or the gold back if you got ripped off by another player. Today, Blizzard only gives one advice: Only trade with people you trust.
- In WoW (buy now 14,99 € ) Classic it sometimes took months until multiple reported bots finally disappeared. The same is now true for TBC Classic.
- On the other hand, it happened again and again in WoW Classic that players were banned who had not violated the user agreements. In many cases, subsequent tickets were stalled with automated responses. It wasn't until Reddit posts and community feedback that proper investigations into the cases were triggered. The result: lifting the ban penalty. Read more: Blizzard vs. bots - fair players lose out
- Bugs reported multiple times in beta make it into the live versions of WoW. This was the case with Shadowlands and with TBC Classic.
What is your current experience with Blizzard support and the community team? Can you draw a more positive conclusion for yourselves or do you share the observations under the Reddit post?Support buffed - it only takes a minute. Thank you!
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos, and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go, and other favorite games from us. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to continue offering buffed for free in the future in the form we are used to.
For this reason, we are now turning to you. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content for free in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute.Support now
We thank you in advance. Read also these interesting stories 1
WoW TBC Classic: Will Phase 2 bring another player boost?We tell you how busy the servers were in the first ID of TBC Classic Phase 2. 0
WoW: Bonus week for PvP Battlegrounds starting September 29thWoW PvP Battlegrounds Bonus Week kicks off on September 29th and invites you to join in the fun of battling for experience points and badges of honor. 1
WoW: Classic Ashran - PvP brawl starting September 29thWoW PvP Brawl: Starting on September 29th, it's off to a classic variation of the Warlords of Draenor battleground Ashran. Here's all the info! 05:44WoW
: Blizzard's Burning Crusade Classic Survival Guide (Video) World of Warcraft from€14.99 From Karsten Scholz
Karsten has been writing about his favourite hobby since 2009 - it all started back then as a rogue class spokesman at buffed. Is something missing in the article? to the home page The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, with which we partially finance the free content of the website. 25