WoW Shadowlands: Finally! Blizzard revises monk and improves Chi-Ji
If you read the WoW developers' latest blue post about the upcoming class changes to the monk in the Shadowlands beta, you might get the impression that the monk is a problem child both within the community and at Blizzard itself. To make sure it doesn't stay that way for much longer, the WoW team has finally announced a series of adjustments that cover numerous issues with the Monk in general and the Mistcaster specialization in particular.The
changes are as follows (via Wowhead):
- Blackout kick no longer requires two-handed or two weapons.
- Summon Niuzao the Black Ox gets a Rank 2 upgrade: The damage from Niuzao's Stomp is increased by 25 percent of the damage you shook off from Relay in the past five seconds.
- Furofists no longer requires two-handed or two weapons.
- Summon Xuen the White Tiger gets a Rank 2 upgrade: Xuen will hit your enemies with Tiger Lightning every eight seconds, dealing ten percent of the damage you yourself dealt to those targets over the past eight seconds.
- Level 34, Summon Yu'lon the Jade Serpent: Mana cost increased to five percent of base mana (previously zero percent); Yu'lon lingers near the mist caster and casts Calming Breath on a wounded target. In doing so, it heals the target and up to four nearby allied targets; Calming Breath benefits from Calming Mist, similar to Summon Statue of Jade Serpent.
- Level 45, Summon Chi-Ji the Red Crane: Mana cost reduced to five percent of base mana (previously ten percent); Chi-Ji now deals melee damage; while Chi-Ji is active, your physical attacks cause Chi-Ji to heal up to three allies and increase the cast time of your next Enveloping Mist by 33 percent (stacks three times); Chi-Ji heals by 200 percent of a normal mastery heal; activating Chi-Ji frees you from all effects that restrict your movement, making you immune to those effects for the duration of Chi-Ji.
- Level 58, Summon Yu'lon the Jade Serpent, Rank 2: Yu'lon and Chi-Ji now heal up to five targets with Enveloping Breath when you cast Enveloping Mist, and heal over six seconds, increasing the healing targets receive from you by ten percent.
What do you think of the adjustments? Post your thoughts in the comments!Support buffed - it only takes a minute. Thank you!
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos, and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go, and other favorite games from us. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to continue offering buffed free of charge in the future in the form we're used to.
That's why we're turning to you now. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content free of charge in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute.Support now
We thank you in advance. Advertisement: Order World of Warcraft now on AmazonRead also these interesting stories 0
WoW TBC Classic: SSC and/or TK? Warcraftlogs poll on Phase 2 raidsOn Warcraftlogs, you can currently have your say on exactly how the World First race in TBC Classic Phase 2 should be rated. 2
WoW: No content drought after all? Hints of patch 9.1.5 discoveredIs WoW facing a content drought in the coming months? The discovery of some dataminers gives hope for patch 9.1.5. 1
Blizzard loses game director and lead designer for Diablo 4The Diablo 4 team loses its game director and lead designer in one fell swoop. 00:50
WoW: Teaser for Afterlife, the Shadowlands short film series. World of Warcraft from €14.99 From Sara Petzold
Is something missing from the article? to the home page The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, which we use to partially finance the free content of the website. 0